Last week, I was nominated for the Liebster award by Madelaine, at http://madelaineblogs.com– Please have a nosey at her blog. When I was nominated by Madelaine I didn’t have a clue what the Liebster Award was; the Liebster award welcomes to new bloggers to the community and gives them some motivation. Bloggers then answer the 11 questions given to them by their nominator, and then create 11 new questions for their nominees. So here goes…
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because after Olly was born I felt like I didn’t have anything for myself. I wanted to be Soph again and not just mom. I thought blogging would give me something to focus on, a hobby I guess.
2. What made you pick your blog name?
Well, its simple really, I love a glass of Sparkling Rosé. I wanted something different and didn’t want to use my name.
3. If you could have 1 power for 24 hours, what would it be and why?
I would like to be able to fly. I don’t drive and quite frankly I’m sick of getting the bus to work everyday.
4. What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
I love to spend my weekends in London. I would like a nice spa day and to enjoy some nice seafood with the OH. & take Olly to London Zoo.
5. What’s the most annoying question people ask you?
How old is he? I hate this question because I never know whether to say “18 months” or “1 & a half”. It drives me up the wall, apparently a lot of people hate it when parents say their child’s age in months.
6. What’s something that loads of people are obsessed with but you don’t really get the point of?
GAME OF THRONES. Like I just don’t know. I have never seen it, have no interest in seeing it, yet its all over my feed. What is the obsession?
7. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
I had three days off work, so this pleased me muchly. Not to mention it was curry club at the local. Easily pleased I am. A pint and a curry for £5, ya can’t go wrong!!
8. If you could say 1 thing to your 13 year old self, what would it be?
You DO NOT want to work with children, no matter how much you think you do now, you will change your mind and you will have wasted 2 years doing gaining a qualification you won’t even use.
9. If you won the lottery, how would you spend it?
Easy, I would buy us a proper family home. I hate renting, I think its such a waste of money; but unfortunately our credit won’t enable us to have a mortgage.
10. How would your friends describe you?
So I asked around and they said; Organised, head strong, hardworking and loyal. & a few other things I won’t mention. ha.
11. What can travel around the world, while staying in a corner?
It’s a stamp! (It is bad that I googled it?)
I have also been nominated since by
So now you know a little more about me; it’s time for me to get to know you. Here are my nominations;
- Chloe from When in Fiji
- Tia from Youmenaturally
- Alice from Victolilly
- Claire from Serendipitywriting
- Amanda from Lookattheravens
- Almira from The Little Black Rose
- Hayley from Hsaysblog
- Charlotte from CharlotteeWhitsey
- Hannah from TheLondonGeek
- Frances from FrancesLouise
- Kathryn from StandStillandLookPretty
Here are your 11 questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What would you spend your last £1 on?
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
- If you were on the news, what would it be for?
- If your best friend had to describe you in one word, what would it be?
- Whats your favourite food?
- Love or money?
- Where was your best holiday ever?
- What is the best thing to happen to you this year?
Thank you for reading
Love Soph xox